Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Rocky Shoreline Series part 02

Rocky Shoreline 03
I could have called this series
 "experimenting with pastel paper" 
or "how ideas develop"
This example is on my favourite paper, 
a 1000 grit automotive sandpaper.
But back to the process......

Wandering around the shoreline 
I began to notice little quiet areas 
where the water gently swirled 
and you could see patterns
 through the clear water. 

I stood in the water
(up to my ankles)
and took many more photos,
(mostly guess work) 
as I couldn't really see
 through the tiny camera lens.

Back in the studio
I studied these, found
a few with interesting possibilities
and this is the result!

I surprised myself with the 
abstractness of the design 
and think it's an idea 
worth developing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marsh Scenes