Saturday, August 25, 2018

Sunrise Variation

This latest sunrise pastel
went through some small
 but important tweaks.

Marsh Dawn - Leslie Snider 

I was interested in capturing
 the colour range from warm to cool
  as the sun rose behind a strong line of trees.
The slowly rising sun created
 subtle effects on the marsh and water.
But having finished this piece
 and hanging it in the studio,
 I continued to study it daily.
(This is a good practice as over time 
you see your art with fresh eyes.)

Marsh Dawn -  Edit - Leslie Snider 

Although I liked the effects of light
  I found the line of trees
 too uniform in size, shape and colour.
More variation was needed
 to incorporate the trees
 into the composition.
Otherwise the trees become the focal point.
I also heightened the warm colours
to emphasize the light. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marsh Scenes