Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Pastel Demo part 03

Pastel Demo part 04
This close up illustrates the work I've done along the skyline. 
Using sky colours I shape the trees 
and transition into the sky
I start with the palest shade behind the trees 
as I want the effect of a morning glow.
 I then add pales hades of blue over pink, 
white over blue, greyish white over blue etc.
This give the sky more variation and sense of depth.
(Hard to see I know!) 
Pastel Demo part 05



Moving forward I add the bright oranges, 
yellows and yellow greens
where the morning sun is hitting the upper trees.
(Sorry for the colour shift - the lighting conditions changed.) 





Finally I work on the water and reflections.
Matching the brights in the water
and adding some horizontal strokes 
to give a sense of the water surface.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marsh Scenes