Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Pastel Demo part 02

Step 02
Now the fun begins!
I block in the local colours 
like greens for trees and blues for water
but I use  stronger values than I intend to see at the end
This gives me somewhere to go.
In other versions I might use complementary colours 
as the under layer for an added glow.

Step 03
Believe it or not. .. the only thing I've done here is to soften/blend the colours.


Step 03a
It may seem obvious but always blend 
keeping in mind the texture of the sky,trees, water,etc.
I am very careful in the transition area 
between sky and trees or water and shadow. 
I like to see some soft edges in the final piece
so here's an opportunity to create them.
e.g Distant trees along the skyline.  

I circled my focal point 
as I usually pick one area in which to begin.
This sets the tone (level of detail) for the whole.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marsh Scenes