Monday, July 10, 2017

Pastel Demo - Step by Step

Bonnechere Demo



I thought it might be fun/useful/interesting
 to describe my process.
I found pastel  to be a difficult medium
and it takes time
 to develop techniques that work for each artist. 



Having chosen your subject
it's important to do
 a few sketches/ thumbnails.
It helps to clarify in your mind 
what elements of the scene
 you want to concentrate on.

Like making a shopping list ...
even if you leave it behind 
you can see it in your mind's eye!

In this scene 
I wanted to concentrate on the strong contrasts 
of light and shadow, and of dramatic shapes. 
Step 01
Step 01
Keep it simple.
I first establish the main darks.as
I like to work from dark to light
 and back to front as much as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Marsh Scenes